Say your son is walking on the street. Then a thug stab him on his back and took his wallet. Then the thug get caught. The thug says that the he tried to do appendices surgery. Somehow the cops believe and the thug is not arrested.
Okay we got 2 theories here:
1. The thug is a robber. Simple. When caught, he simply come up with more politically correct explanation to reduce punishment.
2. The thug does want to do appendices surgery to help your son.
Which one is right?
Well, it’s not that hard to figure out.
1. Incentive, intent and result is highly correlated. The thug has incentive to get your son’s wallet. He doesn’t have any incentive to commit any appendix surgery on your son.
2. Watch how other primates behave. Does monkeys and chimps like to kill other monkeys for resources? If so, then chance is it’s the same preference that show up in humans.
3. Theory #1 can more correctly predict more data. For example, we know that most species are selfish.
4. Evolutionary psychology explains that those who like to rob others may have gene pool survival advantage rather than those who like to perform altruistic surgery.
5. His other acts, namely taking your son’s wallet, fit #1 theory.
So what a person real motive is are truly scientific and disprovable.
Now, let’s try this on something relevant.
Feminazis prohibit consensual women trafficking
Theory 1: Feminazis are usually ugly and they don’t want to compete cheaper women from poorer countries.
Theory 2:Feminazis genuinely care about the fate of trafficked women that are oppressed despite consent.
Use our method to see the real motives of those robbers to see motives of feminazis. What do you think?