Why free market forever? Why the site? Why all the writing?
Have you ever seen kids begging on the street and then some other kids bigger than them collect money from those little kids. That’s what I see every day I go out in my country. No body care about those kids.
Yet when one those poor teen (say after legal age) or her mom would prostitute her self or be second/3rd wife to rich males that can and want to afford her, every body screams exploitation.
Morality has many definitions. The following are some reasonably intuitive ones:
1. What I want. I define immoral as people not doing things I want. At least that’s how most politicians think. Samples: watching porn is immoral because I don’t want you to watch that. I’d rather that I watch that my self.
2. What those in power want. Obviously you need real muscles so not to get ignored by those you want to control.
3. An art to cooperate. Those winning war and economic competition tend to be more just than those who aren’t.
4. What ever people believe to be moral. I like this definition more because it’s actually disprovable and verifiable. Then we can use evolutionary psychology to see how different idea of “morality” evolves.
5. Altruism. That means it’s important to teach others morality while not practicing it our self. A very common phenomena in the world.
6. An honest way to maintain reputation. Making money honestly is lucrative too and you don’t want to risk that for a small stealing. Of course, hypocrisy can be even more efficient.
Look at communist countries. Wealth disparities is politically incorrect. So the one that’s rich are the one that’s mean. In capitalistic countries, the nice guy get rich. Those who are nice have lots of friends that workers and customers and so on. Those who productively serve societies will get a lot in return, such as money which they can use to buy TV.
The same way in monogamous countries, (I am not muslim by the way), gene pool survival disparity is politically incorrect. So normally the one successful in the gene pool are the one that means. If we liberalize those concepts, nice guys will have much better chance.